Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Hereby perceive we the Love of God, because He laid down His life for us... 1 John 3:16


Thirteen types of crafts I do or have done.
1. Quilling... After years of thinking it was way too hard to do and what's the point anyway, I finally decided to try it. I love it!! It can be used to embellish scrapbook pages or gift tags, etc. The best place to find patterns is to buy the Day-by-Day calendar. It has a pattern for each day, which is way less than you'd pay for a lot less patterns in a book.
2. Tea Bag Folding... A favorite craft of mine. They can be used on scrapbook pages or handmade greeting cards. It's not hard to do, it's a lot of folding like you do in...
3. Origami... I don't do the traditional animals and flowers and other such things. What's the point? I see no use for them. What I make, using 12x12 scrapbook paper, are the boxes and other useful containers.
4. Crochet... I'm left-handed, my sister is right-handed. She sat across from me about 16 or so years ago and I learned by doing the mirror image of what she was doing. She taught me the basic stitches and then how to make a granny square, and within weeks, I was crocheting things beyond her abilities.
5. Cross-Stitch... I started out, just out of curiosity, with a little piece that was to be a Christmas ornament. It was a musical note with some holly and berries. After a while at cross-stitching, I discovered that it's more fun to design it than to stitch it, so I did that for awhile, now I enjoy both.
6. Scrapbooking... Digital and paper scrapping. I like the look of the paper scrapped pages better, they can be 3D, but I definitely like the pros of digiscrapping much more. No mess all over the table, don't have to go broke on supplies you only can use once, you can share the same single page with everyone, etc.
7. Rubber Stamping... I have a LOT of them. They go well with scrapbooking, or many other crafts. I don't use them as much now as I used to, but I still love the look they give.
8. Decorative painting... not on much of anything besides clay pots, but I have quite a few more things set aside that I want to paint.
9. Polymer clay crafting... I never got very far with this, because it was too much hassle to heat up the oven. But now I have two toaster ovens, so when I go back to working with the polymer clay it should be easier. I din't make very many things, but what I did make turned out very well I think.
10. Decoupage... I would take pictures of collectibles from magazines and decoupage them on to slate slabs.
11. Computer Crafting... I've made notepads, clock faces, lampshades, bookmarks, boxes, baskets,
12. Jewelry Making... Earrings are the easiest and most fun, with necklaces a close second.
13. General paper crafting...This is everything from handmade greeting cards to little scrapbook booklets

No comments: