Friday, April 18, 2008

God's got it!

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgnent thou shalt condemn, this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their rightrousness is of Me, saith the Lord.

God is awesome!

Just to bring you up to date on what's been happening lately...
We have been looking for another place to live for some time now, and the more time passes, the more urgently we need to move. (Father knows this... and I know that He has it all under control.) We have driven down every country road in about a twenty-five mile area between Dave's work and the kids' school , and I have checked every listing from every realty website I can find in the area. For the most part, there is nothing __N_O_T_H_I_N_G__ that fits our needs. But a few weeks ago, we found a really awesome place. It's almost 5 acres, it has a two acre pond out the front window across the driveway, and it has the Sandusky River out the back door and down a slope. There are a lot of trees, and good yard. I was not impressed with the house, but it wasn't bad, and with it priced at $53,000 (!?!), we could get enough extra to fix it up and make it work. All we're waiting on is to hear back about the financing and get the letter of approval for our loan.

Jump to today...

This morning, Father literally was my protector. I had to keep the car and take Dave to work, then take the kids to school, because mom & dad cain't drive their car til they get the break line fixed. So I dropped Dave off and was on my way up Rt. 4 about a mile outside of town and there's a string of 5 or 6 cars coming toward me in the other lane. The one on front cuts over into the passing lane. There's still room to pass a car and get back over before I get there, but there was just one problem. She was not passing anyone, and she din't get back over! So here she comes, over toward my lane headed straight for me. I start going off onto the shoulder away from her, but the farther I go, the closer she comes. By the time she gets to me, she is totally in my lane and I am completely off the road, off the shoulder, and into the grass. I say 'she' because by this point, she so close I can see her salt & pepper hair! As I'm pulling back onto the road, I look in the rear-view mirror and watch her go off the shoulder into the grass behind where I was, then she must have woke up or whatever, because all of a sudden, she's swerving wildly to try to get back on the road into her own lane. All I could think afterward, was how calm the Lord kept me, and how He protected us! Later I was thinking about it and realized that there couln'tve been a better stretch of road for that to happen. There was no ditch, there were not telephone poles, no signs, no mailboxes... nothing! Maybe I'm repeating myself, but God is AWESOME! And satan is STOOPID!!! he knows that God has a plan, and we are getting so close to our breakthrough, and he is going out of his way to destroy us. As if the near-accident wasn't enough, on the way home, I check my messages and find out that someone else put a contract on the aforementioned house. Now we're back at square one looking for a house again.
NEWSFLASH, satan!! IT WON'T WORK!!!!!!!!! We are gonna praise our way through this, and STOMP ON YOUR HEAD!!!

No comments: