Friday, September 16, 2011

My Little Octabox

Now that all the mistakes are out of the way (see previous post), here is the finished octabox!
I know it's not December yet, or even snow weather, but I used a Christmas paper anyway. It's mid-September and I always get Christmasy around this time of year. So I have been playing Christmas music all day (driving my family nuts with it) and thinking about what kind of other Christmas things I can make.

The box is one I designed for a contest many years ago when I was in the Computer_Crafts Yahoo Group. The paper is from Hobby Lobby. I'm not fond of pink and lime for Christmas colors, but other than the little designs resembling snowflakes, it would be hard to tell it even is a Christmas paper. The trim around the edges were made with Martha Stewart's Snowflake punch and a bow punch I picked up a long time ago. I don't remember the brand. I created the adornment on the top from 'doilies' cut with my Silhouette, another snowflake punch, some buttons and a bit of embroidery thread. To top it all off and add some bling, I used Wet & Wild glitter nail polish to all of the snowflakes on the edge of the did and then to the whole lacy embellishment on the top. I just wish it would have shown up better in the photo.
I am entering this fun little box in several challenges,

7 comments:

Becky G said...

This is great! Thanks for joining us in this weeks punch challenge at Catch The Bug!

:) Becky

cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful,wonderful detail on this,
bless you for playing at creative craft this week,hugs cherylxxxxx

Chris said...

the store's are in christmas mode already why shouldn't you be. the box is great.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It on.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous Project, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Bev x

Anonymous said...

Hey, really great post… I've enjoyed reading through your post because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run freshwater pearl jewellery, with my personal research and experiences in teardrop pearl pendant. If you're interested, I would love to introduce wish pearl necklace to you. and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

kumarivarsha802@yahoo.in said...

I think its perfect as a Christmas gift buy anyways it looks good otherwise too.

Unknown said...

Equipment: Thinking about the equipment anytime choosing that layout may be a hermes replica hat. Every one layout ought to be finished implementing specified necessities. Pay close attention to whenever you can get the ones equipment or simply possibly not. Check out zero cost behaviours earliest: Which causes the area shop for leathercraft behaviours check out any zero cost varieties. Those behaviours could permit you to hone an individual's fake prada. Of india way community has got grown utilizing style in time to have during schedule when using the shifting expectations of people with around the world. Within the period of time for dominance for pure cotton together with cotton sarees the trendy most women now are opening up that will flaunt fashionable sarees whilst simultaneously gucci replica bags wedding planning wedding dress. Whilst old fashioned sarees own your defined elegance an evergrowing request has long been saw meant for fashionable sarees. Among the many various types for fashionable sarees found in cotton, chiffon or simply crepe, fake georgette sarees has got came forth when the fake gucci belts victor. Georgette may be a attractive garment composed of polyester together with nylon. Any sophisticated together with very soft texture and consistancy delivers it all a good complicated appearance together with will make it a comfortable dress in. Any lovely drape for georgette sarees happen to be mingled utilizing louis vuitton replica Of india variations together with behaviours. Any exceptional georgette sarees that will be visually which is designed to put in a attractive appearance happen to be identified as fake georgette sarees.