Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Card for Alisha

"And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Luke 11:9-10

How simple is that? Jesus said that if we ask, it will be given to us. Just... ask. It doesn't always seem that easy because a lot of times we pray for things and it seems nothing happens. But this scripture has really been true in our lives lately. I asked God, and He has given many times over in the last few weeks! I am so grateful to Him for His blessings!!
I am also thankful for my two best friends, whose birthdays are two days apart, two days after my hubby's birthday. I have three cards to be making over the next few days... well, two after this one. Odd that I would start with the last birthday instead of the first one! LOL
Today's card was made for Alisha, my wonderful friend and mentor. She and I have traveled the roads together many times, talking about in the Lord and growing in Him, hanging out together, playing Hand & Foot, and so much more. I so appreciate her wisdom and anointing as much as her friendship. She is a true friend.. she will quickly set me right back in the Word when I get off track and start in with the stinkin' thinkin', and I do the same for her. I am so grateful that Father has placed her in my life!
For this card, I used an image from Laurie Furnell's Heart & Soul CD that I purchased at PCcrafter.com. The evergreen leaves are a Martha Stwart punch, the pinecones are a rubber stamp from Stampin' Up!, and the leaves along the bottom are some punches and various cutting files from my Silhouette Cutting Machine. I colored them with my Sugarloaf markers and then added water with a Q-tip to blend the colors.
The wreath and topiaries, as shown in the enlargement below, are enhanced by using a product called FlowerSoft. I was really happy with how they turned out looking so real!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Card Makin' Mamas Use Punches
The Friday Mashup  Autumn project using shades of Yellow & Orange
Card Patterns Giving credit for a great sketch!
Pile It On The Colors of Fall
Critter Sketch Challenge Photo Inspiration
Our Daily Bread designs Fall Colors
PaperPlay Challenges Punches & Dies
And if I had finished it in time, I would have entered it in the Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge that ended last night asking for a door and a scripture. :(





13 comments:

Kim P said...

Great use of texture! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Very nice center image, those topiaries and wreath do indeed look real and pop right out.

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely autumn themed card. Nice to see you playing along with our challenge this week at the Friday Mashup.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Heidi Baks said...

I love this door image with the flower soft!! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Penny said...

Lovely project, this image is beautiful. thanks for playing with the card makin mama's this week

Karen Letchworth said...

Kitty Jo: I love that your blog is honoring to your Savior, Jesus Christ. This card is absolutely beautiful, and I wish you luck on your entries. I also entered the Pile it On Challenge, and hope you will stop by my blog to see my entry. I also try to honor Christ on my blog. He is my everything! I also have a great give-away going on (an antique floral frog). Just click on the photo to link you to enter the give-away. Thanks for sharing your faith and your beautiful work. Hope to have you visit soon.
Blessings,
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful!! I just love your added texture and flowersoft! Beautiful design. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the late challenge.

hollybeary creations said...

This is stunning.. I love how you did the trees and the wreaths with the Flower Soft. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Crafting Marfa said...

Not bad, not bad. Not as good as MY card for Alisha, but you're getting better :-D

Elise said...

THIS is SUCH a beautifully inspirational card and excellent use of our composition. I sure am glad you were inspired to create with this sketch and share your GLORIOUS output with Card Patterns... Yee Haw!

Carmen said...

KittyJo, thank you so much for your encouragement on my bubbling springs blog! I am definitely thinking about it. I babysit grandkids full time right now, but maybe soon I can spend time on a book. I see you have two blogs as well. My other blog is a craft blog where I give away free digi's. Blessings my friend!

Dr.G said...

nice post :) beutiful

Unknown said...

All young girls don't especially like bracelet? Earrings is certainly girls’ perfect chanel outlet, for good, together with rings. All through every last action together with step, rings glitter in your own wrists. Your genetic stares for everyone, coveted together with enviously. Couple young girls will refuse the attraction together with like own personal a wonderful however , not-so-expensive bracelet. Train suits an individual's prada replica. This holiday season, Train complications a lot of snack colors rings, wonderful together with cheerful. Appearance hardly any further than 3/4’’ Polka Department of transportation Bangle. Polka department of transportation may be a layout which includes dots. These are priced between a number of dots that will be evenly spaced together with size towards a unique fake hermes bags for multicolor dots for numerous types. The Train Polka Department of transportation Bangle tickets regarding Polka Department of transportation old fashioned near future, together with offers in advance enamel inlay regarding silver. Bright white enamel when the historical past, red, tangerine, purple, dull, together with raised dots pervade regarding louis vuitton replica belts. Every one structure may be so relaxing together with serious. Leathercraft may be a famous vacation process accomplished by just lots of individuals globally. Could be you ought to give it a try in the process. Feel free to use synthetic leather to develop together with sew gucci replica bags, boots or shoes, coin designer purses, together with checkbook contains amongst others.