Sunday, October 25, 2009

Would you like to be closer to God and don't know how?

Don't worry about formal praying or prayer time... you can get so caught up in trying to say all the right words, or trying to figure out how long you need to pray or thinking about whether it 'sounds right' that you miss the blessing of spending time with Him. If you just go about your day talking to Him like He's right there with you... and He is... you will find yourself drawing closer and closer to Him. I'm saying talk to Him like He's there with you as in...
"Which outfit do You think I should wear?"
"God, You are awesome!"
"I have a friend who needs some encouragment... what do You think would be the best way to help her?"
"Whoa! You're quite the artist! I love how You painted that sunset! And it was just for me??? Thanks!!"
"I love You, Daddy!"
"You are so holy... and I am so thankful that I am your child!"
"I'm not sure how to get through today... can I lean on You?"

And praise Him!
Praise Him for Who He is... and what He's done, and even for what He's done that hasn't happened yet (that you can see)! Look back at where you've been and where you are now, and praise Him for what He's brought you through already.
Praise Him for what He has seen in your life that He has prevented from happening... the health issues that could have come on you but din't... the times when He caused you to be late so you could avoid the accident you would have otherwise been in... the times when the devil tried to take you out and your Father said "No! That's My child and you will not touch her!"
Praise Him because He's holy... and righteous.. and the One who created you just because He loves you.
Praise Him because His mercy endures forever and His grace is everlasting.
Praise Him because He can cover you with the Blood of Jesus and satan cain't touch you because to get to you he'd have to go through the Blood and that's not possible!
Praise Him in everything... even the negative situations.
Praise Him for already working out that difficult situation that you are just starting to encounter.. even if it looks to you like there's no way though it.
Praise him for the perfect plan He's had for your life since before He created the world.
When you realize that His plan is the absolute best plan for your life, it's much easier to just put your hand in His and say "I trust You, Father!"
Just remember... it's your praise that makes Him say "Come here, daughter... I like what I'm hearing... let me put my arm around you and we'll walk together." and when you're walking with God, you're protected from anything the devil tries to bring against you!
Now I know that this is not the only way to get closer to God, and I know there is more to it than this, and I know that everyone is different. But I also know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever, no matter how different people are. And I know that if you will do this... you WILL get closer to God... and then He can take it from there and take you into a deeper relationship with Him where He can reach out to others through you and bring them to Him. All of the other 'more than that' will fall into place when you get the 'that' in place.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Beautifully put!

PrincessDipti said...

I super like what you've posted :) u made it? it's awesome.. n so true.. by the way, i like ur background.. how did u make that? plz do leave some comment in my blog posts.. thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, Long time no talk to. LOL Just dropping by to say hi and see how you are doing. I haven't been online much at all lately but hopefully I'll be able to be on the computer more when homeschool is done the first of June. Take care hun. May the Lord bless and keep you.

Importar contactos de Facebook a Correo Yahoo said...

Nice article, approve. I will bookmark because this material provides concern information.