Monday, August 25, 2008

Tulips & Daffodils

Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

Well, I'm off on another venture. Yes, I was doing boxes (and I will go back to them), but I got a hankering to learn to quilt. So all my paper has been put aside for a bit as I pull out my fabric. Seems like most of last week was spent with an iron in my hand! I'm totally new to it all, I din't have all my fabrics washed. Then I went and bought more for this new quilt I want to make. I could have used the other that I have, but I wanted my first quilt to be beautiful colors and fabrics that I really love working with. So I had to iron all of those too.

Now that's done and I'm scared to death to try to start cutting on it to make the squares! I don't really know how to use a rotary cutter... and when I did try it, I din't do it right... so I'm so afraid I'll cut it wrong, or not cut through all the layers, or the fabric will shift, or something will happen that I will ruin it.

This is so strange for me! Usually when I try out a new craft I jump right in with both feet, and have no fear or trepidation at all. I look at how it's supposed to be done and just do it. Not this time! I look at how it's done and see all the reasons why it won't be done like that when I do it! LOL

But honestly... I don't think I'll have any (much) fear once the cutting is all done. I'm mostly a newbie when it comes to sewing too, but as long as I'm only sewing in straight lines, I'll do fine! ROFL I've done a little bit of sewing... such as curtain toppers or worship flags, so this should be a breeze, right??

Anyways... I went into PSP, scanned all my fabric and played around trying to create the layout I want. I think I mostly have it... what do you think? It's from the Tulips & Daffodils line of fabrics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like that! i've always loved pinks and greens together! :)