Monday, May 5, 2008

Regardless


Just to summarize, for those who don't know me...
The owners of the house we are in have decided to put it back on the market and resell it. We have been trying to find someplace else to move for awhile, but now it has come right down to the wire and this is our last week here, even if we haven't found somewhere else to live. Which we haven't. So we're packing our stuff and moving it to a storage unit this weekend, and they will come to change the locks on Saturday once we have everything out and get it ready for the real estate people or the buyers or whoever. We will take the kids to my parents house and I don't have a clue where Dave & I will go. We cain't stay at my parents' house because one, there really isn't room, and two, she won't allow my dogs in the house and doesn't have a yard for them to be outside (as if you could put a Yorkie outside anyways!), and three, there could be some serious physical repercussions from the tension and stress of us staying at their house for more than one night. We cain't really afford a motel at $50 a night, and still save any kind of money for a house. But we cain't find a house either. We have driven up and down streets in every town that is within decent driving distance of Dave's work and the kids' school and have driven over all the country roads between those towns and there is nothing for us. We need a single story, 3 br. house for rent. (I have physical problems that prevent me from getting up and down stairs. Besides the fibromyalgia, I have been having problems with my knees to where it causes pain if I put any weight on my leg when it's bent.) We can find one, but not both. If it's single story, it's not a 3 bedroom. If it's a 3 br, it's not a single story. If it's a single story and 3 br. it's for sale, not for rent. And the two times that we actually did find something that could possibly work, they weren't gonna be ready til at least June! So while we both really hate the idea, but we're even looking for apartments now. But I'm finding that it's near impossible to find a 3 br. apartment, much less a decent one! Right now, unless God intervenes, it seems like the only option we have is to buy a tent and an air mattress and rent a spot at a campground until something opens up for us.
So like Job said, "...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1:21)
Regardless of the situation we're in, regardless of whether we become homeless or not, regardless of what the enemy tries to do to destroy my faith...
I WILL STILL PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER! He is my King, He is my Deliverer, He is my Refuge. He said it best to me one Sunday morning... He said "I am God Almighty, but I am your Daddy and I love you!" I can talk to Him about anything and I can ask Him for anything, just as my kids can talk to me about anything or ask me for anything. I'm always there to listen, help, encourage, or give, and always to love, and so is my Daddy always there to listen, help, encourage, give, and always love me.

No comments: