Sunday, August 7, 2011

Flutterbies

I'm back again already with another card for another contest. This time it is the Flutterbies challenge from Crafty Cardmakers.It was not my typical style of card, which is why I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I usually use lots of color and patterns, so to do this one almost all in white was very interesting! :)

Created on white cardstock, the edge is punched using one of Martha Stewart's border punches. The butterfly design on the front was cut using my Silhouette cutting machine, as well as the flowers making up the cluster on the inside. The butterflies inside are from a Martha Stewart punch. The hint of color on the front is from chalk pastels and the color on the inside is from watercolor pencils.

2 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

I LOVE your card!Will stop back in when I can stay longer!!:)
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a SWEET comment for me!!! I most definitely will check out the You Tube you told me about...(tomorrow)cause it is my bedtime now and I prolly wouldn't retain a thing while snoozing.hehe THANK YOU SOOO much again!

Huge Hugs,
Valinda

Crafting Marfa said...

Beautiful. Stunning! This could actually be a wedding invitation. You would do such a great job working as a designer for a greeting cards and/or invitations company!